Two players in white jerseys walk off the court after the game.

Captured: Women’s basketball defeats Omaha 87-69

Welcome to The Daily’s photo blog: Captured. This is a space for The Daily’s photographers to share their best work, including photos from weekend performances and events around the community. You can contact the photo editor by emailing [email protected].

Northwestern defeated Omaha 87-69 at Welsh-Ryan Arena on Sunday behind junior guard Melannie Daley’s 21-point output. Sophomore guard Caroline Lau and senior forward Paige Mott each notched a double-double. The ‘Cats will travel to Notre Dame on Wednesday. 

A player in a white jersey jumps to block a shot from an Omaha player in a black jersey. A player in a white jersey reaches out to defend against a player in a black uniform. A player in a white jersey guards a player in a black uniform. A player in a white jersey jumps and catches a basketball in mid-air. A player in a white jersey holds a basketball. A player in a white jersey dribbles the basketball past a player in a black jersey. A player in a white jersey looks up for the rebound. A cheerleader holds a white pom-pom above their head. A player in a white jersey dribbles a ball down the court. A wildcat mascot dances on a basketball court. People in uniform hold rifles and an American flag on a basketball court.

Twitter: @AudreyPachuta

Twitter: @Rachel_Spears6