ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Robinson graduated from the School of Communication in 2021 with a degree in theatre and political science.
Q&A: Communication alum Nolan Robinson talks co-producing ‘The Wiz’ on Broadway
Jacob Wendler, Print Managing Editor • March 15, 2024

When Nolan Robinson (Communication ’21) thinks back to his childhood, he recalls watching “The Wiz” — the all-Black retelling of “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” that opened on Broadway in 1975 and became a film starring Diana Ross and Michael...

Three people play guitars and sing into microphones on stage under blue lights in front of an audience.
The Moss captivates audience with upbeat music, infectious energy at Lincoln Hall
March 14, 2024
“Halo”’s characters are a large reason why the games are so great, and that makes it frustrating when the television show mishandles them.
Reel Thoughts: Second season of ‘Halo’ provides casual fun, lacks substance
February 29, 2024
All eight musicians will be taking center stage on Mar. 4 in Galvin Hall.
The annual LEON FORREST Lecture Series is back with a jazzy adjustment
February 29, 2024
A wooden table with plates of shakshuka, bacon, and red velvet french toast, along with two mason jar glasses of iced coffee.
Open Tab: Egg Harbor Cafe puts indulgent spin on breakfast classics
February 28, 2024
Dancers dressed in all black create a powerful formation under red lighting.
Dance Digest: Northwestern dance groups get into the groove in ‘Graffoniks Gets Groovy’
January 22, 2024
Get moving and grooving this year by engaging with any of the 20 dance groups on campus.
Dance the night away with Northwestern’s 20 student dance groups
August 9, 2023
A pink book sits on a shelf on a gold tray with flowers behind it
Do We Really Need This? Eli Rallo’s new book ‘I Didn’t Know I Needed This’ needs more spunk
January 15, 2024
Britney Spears shares vulnerable story behind career and conservatorship battle in her new memoir, “The Woman in Me”
Britney Spears’ ‘The Woman in Me’ speaks louder than headlines
November 20, 2023
For decades, Evanston has been a city full of musical creation and aspiring artists.
‘A creative town’: A look inside Evanston’s storied musical history
February 25, 2024
Singer-songwriter Chealen Berry said she wants to create music that people can relate to.
Q&A: Chealen Berry explores nostalgia, romance, heartbreak in her songwriting
February 22, 2024
Best International Feature Film nominee, ‘The Taste of Things,’ released on Feb. 9.
Reel Thoughts: ‘The Taste of Things’ is a savory tale of skillful creation
February 16, 2024
“Pride and Prejudice,” “Percy Jackson” and “The Wizard of Oz” have all been adapted more than once.
From “Pride and Prejudice” to “Percy Jackson”: When do remakes work?
February 11, 2024
A person sits in a living room and reaches into a cardboard box next to a thick stack of papers.
‘The Home Project’ takes home theater to a new level in intimate, cozy venues
February 27, 2024
“Brokeback Mee-Owntain” was one of the two shows Mee-Ow staged this winter for its 50th anniversary.
Mee-Ow brings smiles, laughs to Shanley Pavilion in “Brokeback Mee-Owntain” show
February 26, 2024
Students, community members and artists survey the different paintings, sculptures and collages in “Well Versed.”
Dittmar Gallery explores intersection of art and poetry in ‘Well Versed’
February 21, 2024
Five people sit on a stage for a panel discussion.
Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre hosts panel discussion ‘That Art Thing We Do’ with Black artists
February 18, 2024
Danny O’Grady, Creative Director • February 29, 2024

Few video game franchises are as important as “Halo.” The game redefined the first-person shooter genre through its innovations in online multiplayer and story-driven campaigns....

Jackson Weier and Lexi Goldstein February 29, 2024

On March 4, the annual LEON FORREST Lecture Series will return with an innovative twist.  Rather than featuring distinguished speakers, the event will feature a collaborative Jazz...

Kunjal Bastola and Rachel Schlueter February 28, 2024

Egg Harbor Cafe offers brunch lovers a wide selection of creative dishes at their cozy yet spacious spot at the heart of downtown Evanston, the chain’s newest location. Located...

Wim Wenders’ new film anatomizes the life of a Tokyo janitor.
Reel Thoughts: “Perfect Days” broke my heart as it searched for solace in the little things
Ariel Gurevich, Reporter • February 28, 2024

I think it’s safe to say that, for most of us, our idea of a “perfect day” doesn’t involve waking up at 5 a.m. to clean toilets. In fact, it probably doesn’t involve reading...

Betsy Lecy, Reporter • February 25, 2024

Through all the years that Pearl Jam’s lead singer Eddie Vedder has stood as a pillar of the rock music realm, he’s never faltered from his Evanston roots.  Vedder has made...

A person in a white shirt with their hands up stands over an actor in a gray shirt and blue pants, while another actor in a white tank top watches.
‘Dracula: A Feminist Revenge Fantasy, Really’ gives feminist rendition of cold-blooded classic
Maya Schwartz, Reporter • February 23, 2024

“Dracula: A Feminist Revenge Fantasy, Really,” puts a feminist, blood-chilling twist on Bram Stoker’s 19th-century bestselling novel, “Dracula.” The show premieres this Friday...

Jessica Ma, Audience Engagement Editor • February 22, 2024

McCormick senior and singer-songwriter Chealen Berry challenged herself to release an original song on the first day of each month in 2023.  When the new year rolled around, Berry’s...

Alex Edelman is a stand-up comedian from New York City.
Comedian Alex Edelman quips about ongoing tour, creative process at NU Hillel
Jerry Wu, Assistant Campus Editor • February 21, 2024

Laughter rang through Northwestern Hillel on Tuesday night as comedian Alex Edelman shared insights into his stand-up show “Just for Us,” his creative process and the comedy world. His...

Two women holding microphones sit on velvet chairs in front of a stained glass window.
‘Chicken Shop Date’ star Amelia Dimoldenberg awkwardly charms at A&O Speaker Event
Tabi Parent, Development and Recruitment Editor • February 20, 2024

A&O Productions hosted a Q&A with Amelia Dimoldenberg, the charmingly deadpan personality behind the web series “Chicken Shop Date,” on Monday night in Alice Millar Chapel.  “Our...

A person wearing a red shirt and oatmeal-colored sweater holds a record with a red album cover.
Seeking connection, college radio DJs put their own spin on community building
Sydney Fener, Reporter • February 19, 2024

Behind the world’s heaviest metal door, tucked in a corner of John J. Louis Hall, students gather to broadcast music to the Evanston area over student-run radio station WNUR. Groups...

Jackson Weier, Assistant A&E Editor • February 16, 2024

This review contains spoilers.  Do not go see “The Taste of Things” on an empty stomach.  After a limited release on Feb. 9, French director Tran Anh Hung’s “The Taste...

Four people sit and talk at the front of a crowded lecture hall, and one person holds a microphone.
Northwestern students find their perfect match in ‘Studio 22’s Live Dating Show’
Madeline King, Assistant A&E Editor • February 16, 2024

Nervous glances and awkward giggles shared between potential love interests filled the room during “Studio 22’s Live Dating Show” Thursday evening.  Contestants and audience...

Models walk down a runway.
Willy Chavarria takes New York Fashion Week to the Last Supper
Alexander Hernandez Gonzalez, Reporter • February 13, 2024

Religious references, an emotional film and 37 looks debuted at the Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse in Brooklyn, New York, as fashion designer Willy Chavarria presented his Men’s Fall-Winter...

From love songs to break up anthems, we’ve picked through them all to make this Valentine’s playlist just for you.
Our Valentine’s playlist: Your secret admirers at The Daily made you an all-encompassing Valentine's mixtape
Virginia Hunt, Reporter • February 13, 2024

Remember the days when you’d pass out little store-bought Valentines to everyone in your class, and maybe you’d sneak the best one into your crush’s bag? Those days may be over,...

A pianist playing the piano in front of an orchestra and a conductor.
Seong-Jin Cho and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra dazzle with Beethoven, Mendelssohn and Kernis
Ben Kim, Reporter • February 12, 2024

Saturdays are always a busy time for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. But, this past Saturday, the Symphony Center was especially packed for Seong-Jin Cho: winner of the prestigious...

Arts & Entertainment