10th annual Unity Soccer Festival celebrates diversity, sportsmanship
Four individuals face charges for April’s pro-Palestine encampment

Football: Northwestern embracing realigned conference challenge at Big Ten Media Days

Election Night Tracker: Judy Fiske, Delores Holmes, Mark Tendam all win reelection

Live updates:
We’ll have results from contested elections in Evanston’s 1st, 5th and 6th wards and the District 65 and 202 school board races as soon as they come in. Polls close at 7 p.m. Refresh this page for the latest returns.

9:30 p.m.: Here’s our quick update on Fiske knocking off Tivador.

9:15 p.m.: With Fiske’s apparent win, Evanston’s City Council will have no new members in the coming term.

9:10 p.m.: With four of four precincts in, Judy Fiske defeats Edward Tivador to retain her seat as 1st Ward alderman, 608-470.

8:50 p.m.: Another round of votes brings more good news for the leaders in D202. Nearly 500 votes separate Patricia Savage-Williams from Andrew Bezaitis for the fourth spot.

8:45 p.m.: With three of four 1st Ward precincts in, Fiske now leads Tivador 409-351.

8:35 p.m.: Bill Geiger, Gretchen Livingston, Doug Holt and Patricia Savage-Williams continue to maintain their leads for the four spots on the District 202 school board, with .

8:30 p.m.: With all precincts reporting, Ald. Mark Tendam has defeated challenger Mark Sloane, 1,101-565.

8:10 p.m.: With all four precincts counted in the 5th Ward, Ald. Delores Holmes has 338 of the 453 votes cast and has apparently defeated write-in challenger Carlis Sutton.

7:50 p.m.: With six of eight precincts reporting, more good news for Mark Tendam in the 6th Ward race. He now leads Mark Sloane, 705-431. Geiger, Livingston, Holt and Savage-Williams continue to lead for the four D202 spots.

7:45 p.m.: The first votes in the contested 1st and 6th ward races are in. Fiske leads Tivador, 274-246. Tendam leads Sloane, 386-201. Turnout is reported at just under 12 percent in the 1st Ward.

7:30 p.m.: Votes are beginning to trickle in from Evanston’s uncontested aldermanic races. Alds. Braithwaite, Wynee, Wilson, Grover and Burrus have all received 100 percent of the vote so far. 9 of the 61 precincts in D202 are now in as well.

7:15 p.m.: 1st Ward challenger Ed Tivador thanked his supporters on Twitter. We’ll have live updates from Tivador’s World of Beer watch party throughout the night.

7:05 p.m.: City clerk Rodney Greene reports turnout was “very low” today across the city.

7 p.m.: Polls are now closed in precincts across Evanston.

Evanston 1st Ward (4 of 4 precincts reporting)
56.4% – 608 votes for Judy Fiske
43.6% –  470 votes for Edward Tivador

Evanston 6th Ward (8 of 8 precincts reporting)
66.09% – 1,101 votes for Mark Tendam
33.91% – 565 votes for Mark Sloane

Evanston/Skokie District 202 (59 of 61 precincts reporting)
16.62% – 4,061 votes for Bill Geiger
14.75% – 3,603 votes for Gretchen Livingston
13.94% – 3,405 votes for Doug Holt
13.02% – 3,180 votes for Patricia Savage-Williams
10.95% – 2,676 votes for Casey Miller
10.87% – 2,655 votes for Andrew Bezaitis
10.84% – 2,649 votes for Elena Garcia Ansani
9.01% – 2,201 votes for Deborah Graham

What to watch for:

• Close races in the 1st and 6th wards: In 2005, Cheryl Wollin defeated Judy Fiske by just 81 votes to become 1st Ward alderman. In 2009, Fiske got her revenge, defeating Wollin by 260 votes. Now, Fiske is being challenged by Ed Tivador, a school district superintendent who has been focusing on the Northwestern student vote. In 2009, Mark Tendam defeated Mark Sloane by 99 votes in the 6th Ward. Sloane is back in 2013 for a second round against Tendam.
  • A 5th Ward write-in challenge: Carlis Sutton is not on the ballot in the 5th Ward, but he is mounting a write-in campaign to challenge Ald. Delores Holmes. Still, Holmes won with more than 75 percent of the vote in 2009, so Sutton remains a long shot.Write-in votes will be counted a week from now.
  • A crowded field in D202 — and a thin one in D65: Eight candidates are up for four spots on the Evanston Township High School District 202 school board. But just four are on the ballot for four spots in Evanston/Skokie District 65.