Captured: Northwestern women’s tennis sweeps Eastern Michigan in Saturday doubleheader

Welcome to The Daily’s photo blog: Captured. This is a space for The Daily’s photographers to share their best work, including photos from weekend performances and events around the community. You can contact the photo editor by emailing [email protected].

Rounding out a doubleheader at the Combe Tennis Center, Northwestern women’s tennis advanced to 3-0 on the season with a 7-0 sweep on Saturday against Eastern Michigan University. Next up for the Wildcats is ITA Kickoff Weekend, where they’ll face Texas A&M in College Station, Texas.

Two tennis players celebrate with a high-five, wearing black Northwestern attire. They are surrounded by other teammates.Elisa Van Meeteren follows through after hitting a ball.Neena Feldman crouches to hit the ball.Justine Leong lunges in preparation for the next set.Christina Hand leans forward while waiting for the ball.Sydney Pratt follows through after hitting a ball.As a ball comes towards them, Maria Shusharina hits the ball with her racket.Four tennis players shake hands over the net. Two of them wear black, and the other two wear white and green.Christina Hand shouts after scoring a point.Neena Feldman holds out her racket in front of the net, pointing at the opponent.Maria Shusharina, in profile, holding her racket up.Maria Shusharina hits the ball.Christina Hand jumps to hit the ball.Sydney Pratt swings the racquet at a ball above her head.

Twitter: @emilyfosker

Twitter: @taylorhancock23