Best Date Night Spot: Taco Diablo

Taco+Diablo+has+been+voted+the+best+date+night+spot+in+Evanston.+The+casual+Mexican+eatery+hosts+a+lengthy+cocktail+menu+as+well+as+classic+Mexican+dishes.+
Shreya Srinivasan/The Daily Northwestern
Taco Diablo has been voted the best date night spot in Evanston. The casual Mexican eatery hosts a lengthy cocktail menu as well as classic Mexican dishes.

Covered with folk art of “diablo” masks and “lucha libre” wrestlers and shrouded in curated candlelight lighting, Taco Diablo, located at 1026b Davis St. is the perfect Friday night eatery for anyone’s date.

Connected to The Blue House Tavern and Five and Dime, Taco Diablo offers casual appetizers, tortas, enchiladas and, of course, tacos with classic Mexican meats like carne asada, chicken tinga and pork carnitas.

For your vegetarian boo, Taco Diablo has meatless options for most dishes as well as market salads. You can order from any of the other restaurants in the building to your seat at Taco Diablo, as well.

If your date plans just include a small dinner and drinks, the restaurant’s lengthy bar presents an extensive selection of spirits and cocktails, including Mezcal, Tequila and Bourbon.

Try the classic chicken tinga tacos, which come with a side of rice and beans to complement a full meal.

For a sweet ending to the night, split a flan or cheesecake with your date. Or, just take it to-go…

Twitter: @shreyasrin