Best Breakfast/Brunch: Frida’s Breakfast and Lunch

Micah Sandy/The Daily Northwestern
A breakfast meal from Frida’s Breakfast and Lunch. The restaurant offers omelets, steak, and pancakes among other items and sides.

Whether you’re looking for breakfast, an early lunch or a combination of the two, Frida’s Breakfast and Lunch is the best place to go. 

Frida’s offers a problematic menu –– and that’s because everything sounds delicious. From your traditional grilled cheese to pambazos, Frida’s offers typical morning choices in addition to Mexican-inspired dishes at an assortment of prices. If you have a sweet tooth, you can choose from crepes, waffles, french toast and pancakes. 

If you’re having trouble deciding between sweet and savory, Frida’s offers add-on options that let you explore everything. If you choose an item off the “eggletics” section, my father’s go-to, you can substitute the default potatoes and toast sides with pancakes or fruit. I turned my breakfast into both brunch and dinner two family weekends ago when I added pancakes to my two eggs with dry rubbed skirt steak. I was a big fan of the combination of juicy steak and sweet breakfast food.  

With a convenient location close to campus and aglow with a Frida Kahlo theme, it’s the perfect spot to come with your friends, family or by yourself to enjoy a unique breakfast. 

Twitter: @TheMicahSandy