Best Workout Spot: SPAC

Sejal Mehta/The Daily Northwestern
A section with treadmills, one of the many workout spaces within the Henry Crown Sports Pavilion.

The Henry Crown Sports Pavilion, commonly known as SPAC, is the go-to place for Northwestern students to focus on their physical and mental health. 

SPAC has many spaces that allow students and residents alike to foster physical wellness, including basketball courts and weight rooms with cardiovascular and strength equipment. In addition, SPAC offers personal training packages and a variety of group classes in activities such as cycling, boxing, yoga and dance. 

SPAC is also home to the Combe Tennis Center and Norris Aquatics Center, which all Northwestern students can use. Members of the Evanston community can also enjoy what SPAC has to offer by purchasing a membership. 

Beyond working out, SPAC is a hub for creativity, relaxation and socializing. The Garage, located within SPAC, offers a space for entrepreneurial-minded individuals to explore ideas and collaborate. The Wellness Suite is also located within SPAC and offers complimentary white light therapy for Northwestern students –– helpful in Chicago’s dark winters. 

Personally, my favorite part of SPAC is the Protein Bar & Kitchen, which offers delicious protein shakes and acai bowls, such as the PB&J shake. Protein Bar & Kitchen is also a hidden study spot on campus and the perfect place to catch up with friends, making SPAC more than just a place to get a quick sweat in.