Season three of ‘The Bear’ films in Evanston, Jeremy Allen White and Jamie Lee Curtis spotted on set

Luis Castaneda/The Daily Northwestern
Jeremy Allen White appears on set of ‘The Bear’ season three production.

Production vehicles, security guards and film cameras lined Lincolnwood Drive and surrounding streets while the hit TV series “The Bear” filmed in Evanston Thursday.

With the potential of seeing actors Jeremy Allen White and Jamie Lee Curtis on set, Evanston residents lined the outskirts of the permit lines to watch the production in action.

“I heard they were filming here and just wanted to take a lunch break and see what was happening, see where this will be on the show when they release, see if there’s any celebrities and see the whole setup,” Evanston resident Kristin Gover said.

The cast and crew previously filmed scenes of the show at the same location for season two.

The set for filming day was constructed both inside a house on 2447 Lincolnwood Drive and on the front lawn. A crew of around 120 people and 10 production vehicles stretched down Lincoln Street, Harrison Street and Ewing Avenue. According to a permit posted by the City of Evanston, the parameters will be shortened to Lincolnwood Drive, Lincoln Street and Harrison Street for prep and wrap days.

Evanston residents at the scene said Minim Productions LLC seemed to have filmed a scene featuring White walking into the Evanston home. Several Evanston residents said they also saw Curtis.

Evanston residents Erinn Kenney and Chris Kenney said they are “huge fans” of the show. Erinn Kenney said that Chris Kenney receives $100 every year to put a generator in his driveway for their production, as their home is just around the corner from the set.

Yet, Chris Kenney said there are some downsides to this proximity.

“Eighty percent cool and 20% disruptive,” he said. “Once in a while, they take more of the block. You can’t park. It’s hard to get in and out.”

Erinn said it seems like the show’s budget increases as the perimeter expands every year.

Despite this inconvenience, Gover said it was interesting to see the actual location of the show’s setting.

“I know things take place on the North Shore, you just never know exactly where it is on the North Shore,” she said. “It’s interesting to see maybe whose house this would be or what character will live in this house.”

The Emmy-winning comedy series was renewed for a third season in November 2023 with its anticipated release in June 2024. The series was also quietly renewed for a fourth season, which will begin filming following the release of the third season.

Weinberg freshman Adrian Morrison said he is highly anticipating the third season. He said he appreciates the show’s “well-done” production and its family dynamics.

Morrison also said he enjoyed the show due to its convenient proximity to Northwestern.

“Anytime someone mentions season three of ‘The Bear,’ I’m going to say they’re filming it by my school,” Morrison said.

X: @betsy_lecy