City releases survey, Cook County opens appointments for pediatric COVID-19 vaccination

Daily file illustration by Hank Yang

The city opened a new survey for COVID-19 Pfizer vaccinations. Parents can fill it out to request information of community vaccination events, once supplies are available, for their children aged 5 to 11.

Angeli Mittal, Design Editor

Evanston opened a new survey this week where interested residents can sign up for a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children aged 5 to 11.

This announcement follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s expanded authorization for the vaccine last week.

Evanston currently has a shortage of pediatric Pfizer doses, which are one-third the size of the adult series. Due to the shortage, the city is not offering the Pfizer booster shot at this time. However, the city is still asking residents to fill out the interest form for their children, who are being prioritized for first doses of the child shot.

Residents interested in getting a Moderna or Johnson & Johnson booster dose can fill out a separate form released at the end of October. 

Individuals are also able to schedule vaccinations online for their child with Cook County Health. 

There are also several retail pharmacies offering the vaccine for this age group. While Cook County Health offers a list of participating partner providers, residents can also visit a provider’s website to schedule a vaccine.

The following area businesses are currently operating as authorized vaccine providers: 

CVS

Jewel Osco

Mariano’s

Meijer

Walgreens

Twitter: @amittal27