Queering The Map shows queer love on campus
‘You know absolutely nothing’: Students frustrated with NU’s handling of academic integrity cases
NU’s Summer Class Schedule offers flexibility, opportunities for academic advancement
Community awards, advocacy headline Evanston’s fifth annual Juneteenth parade
Race Against Hate: Ricky Byrdsong’s Legacy
The Week Ahead, June 17-23: Juneteenth, Summer Solstice and Pride Celebrations in Chicagoland
Evanston Environment Board drops fossil fuels divestment, recommends updates to leaf blower ordinance

Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Honda Sport Award

Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Tewaaraton Award

May 30, 2024

Blotter: Jan. 25

Evanston Township High School student loses iPhone 5

A 16-year-old girl told the Evanston Police Department her iPhone 5 was stolen while at school.

The student recalled that her cell phone, worth approximately $500, was removed from her backpack while attending class at ETHS, 1600 Dodge Ave. The theft happened between 2:05 and 2:50 p.m., according to EPD Cmdr. Jay Parrott. The girl notified the police after she arrived home later that evening. Other information was not specified.

Champagne removed from display at Whole Foods

A Chicago resident was arrested and charged for removing a bottle of champagne from the display of Whole Foods at 1640 Chicago Ave. and attempting to leave the store without paying.

The man concealed the champagne, valued around $87, in his coat after removing it, and tried to leave without paying. He was stopped by the store’s loss prevention officer and detained by police. The man is charged with a misdemeanor count of retail theft and is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 13, Parrott said.

University faculty member receives concerning email

University Police met with a faculty member working in the Theater and Interpretation Center, 1949 Campus Dr., in response to an email the person received Sunday.

The faculty member told UP that he received an email, which UP Deputy Chief Dan McAleer said raised concerns. The person recognized the name of the email sender and recalled that he may have spoken with him several years ago when the man requested a tour of the building, but he said he is not completely sure. After UP contacted the sender, the man understood why the email had caused concerns and promised that he would not attempt to contact the faculty member again. The faculty member was pleased with the result, McAleer said.

— Ina Yang

View Jan. 25 in a larger map