10th annual Unity Soccer Festival celebrates diversity, sportsmanship
Four individuals face charges for April’s pro-Palestine encampment

Football: Northwestern embracing realigned conference challenge at Big Ten Media Days

Confirmed & Denied

GETTING ASS ALFRESCO

We’ve seen our share of public displays of affection around campus this spring, but at least we were spared the sight of a couple actually doing it on the lawn last Wednesday. We get it: with non-freezing temperatures come the birds, the bees and uncontrollable hormones. But the grassy area between Kresge and Norris may not be the right place to act on them. “I first thought it was people sitting in a funny position,” says the Weinberg junior, who snapped shots of the raunchy sight while working on a class project. “As we got closer and saw the movement accompanying this ‘funny position’ it became shockingly clear what was actually going on.” That position entailed the girl face down in the grass (so passionate) while the guy sat upright, which spectators have dubbed the “hungry cow” and “froggy-style.” Whatever you call it, it doesn’t look like a comfortable position to sit in, much less have sex in. “I’m pretty sure the couple saw us taking pictures… they didn’t stop, though one of my friends yelled ‘get out of here!’ really loudly.” We don’t know who the, um, doers are, but the photos ended up on Facebook for all to analyze. Our source captured the most common reaction: “Overall, it was really awkward.”

DILLO DRAMA FIX

Last week, with three Dillo Day acts announced, more than half of the students we polled in Norris felt a resounding “meh” about the lineup. The last two names–Mike Posner and Tally Hall–were just released by Mayfest, so does it still get a big sideways thumb from students? “Bringing Tally Hall was determined by the amount of money left, and other bands considered were nothing notable,” said one Mayfest committee member. “You can’t afford much for less than $10,000 besides indie bands, but at least you get creative control.” Mayfest did what they could, but the weather may screw it over. The forecast predicts sun, but last year, rain from the day before created a muddy mess exacerbated by party kings slam-dancing to Third Eye Blind jams. The damage was reportedly in the five-figure range, so this year, admin is burdening Mayfest with landscape maintenance. If it rains on Friday, you’ll be pounding pavement west of the field in lieu of frolicking on grass or heading to Patten. Bummer, but better than being indoors. Mayfest doesn’t have the money to risk ponying up for new greenery, and if its budget is too tapped next year we might get someone like, we don’t know, Tally Hall, for Dillo. Oh, whoops.

Editor’s note: In the original version of this article, A&O is incorrectly listed as the organization that would be responsible for any damages to NU’s field on Dillo Day. Mayfest, the organization in charge of Dillo Day, would be responsible.