Lacrosse: It’s tourney time in Evanston

PLAY-IN GAMENO. 4 Ohio State vs. No. 5 Penn StateThe Nittany Lions failed to win a game in ALC play and were outscored 50-39 in those games, including a 17-12 win by the Buckeyes. But Penn State has played to the level of its competition in big games, losing by one-goal margins to Northwestern and Maryland. But look for the Buckeyes to overpower the Nittany Lions once again with the help of ALC scoring leader Kristen Slahor.Daily Pick: Ohio State

SEMIFINALSNo. 1 Northwestern vs. Ohio StateThe Wildcats were beaten at their own game last week by a very good Penn team. NU has won over 60 percent of its draw controls on the season, but won less than 25 percent against the Quakers. Juniors Hannah Nielsen and Meredith Frank won’t let that happen again. Their work in practice will pay off, and the Cats will repeat the dominanace from their 21-5 road win over the Buckeyes earlier this year.Daily Pick: NU

No. 2 Vanderbilt vs. No. 3 Johns HopkinsHopkins is on a roll after its loss to NU two weeks ago, but so is Vanderbilt – the Commodores have won six straight since they fell to the Cats. The Blue Jays will bring try to avenge their double overtime loss, but Vanderbilt has a higher scoring offense and stingier defense, led by goalie Brooke Shinaberry, who has a higher save percentage than NU’s All-American Morgan Lathrop.Daily Pick: Vanderbilt

CHAMPIONSHIPNU vs. VanderbiltThe last time these teams met, NU crushed the Commodores 14-8 at Lakeside Field. While Vanderbilt has the momentum and is the last ALC team to beat NU (a 10-9 OT win on May 6, 2004), the Cats don’t want to lose two games in a little more than a week. Playing at home and with an desire to show they are still the team to beat, the Cats are going to go for broke.Daily PICK: NU