‘You know absolutely nothing’: Students frustrated with NU’s handling of academic integrity cases
NU’s Summer Class Schedule offers flexibility, opportunities for academic advancement
Community awards, advocacy headline Evanston’s fifth annual Juneteenth parade
Race Against Hate: Ricky Byrdsong’s Legacy
The Week Ahead, June 17-23: Juneteenth, Summer Solstice and Pride Celebrations in Chicagoland
Evanston Environment Board drops fossil fuels divestment, recommends updates to leaf blower ordinance

Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Honda Sport Award

Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Tewaaraton Award

May 30, 2024

Evanston woman died after crash west of NU

Evanston Police confirmed that the woman who crashed in an alley behind a Noyes Street apartment building Tuesday afternoon died shortly afterward as a result of the incident.

EPD Deputy Chief Joseph Bellino said the deceased was a 44-year-old Evanston resident who lived on the 2200 block of Sherman Avenue, not far from the site of the crash at Sherman Avenue and Noyes Street. According to witnesses, the woman sped down the alley behind 718 Noyes St. in a silver Honda Accord and struck the back of an apartment building, destroying the stone and concrete wall.

Witnesses called police after noticing the crash, and the driver was taken to Evanston Hospital, where she was pronounced dead later that afternoon, Bellino said.

A spokesman from the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office said they do not release information about a case unless a victim’s name is given by the requesting party.

Police have not released the woman’s name and would not comment on other details. The case is still under investigation, Bellino said.

– Megan Crepeau