Misdemeanor charges dropped against NU faculty for activity during pro-Palestinian encampment

EPD responds to shooting at Foster Street, Ashland Avenue

Daily file photo by Daniel Tian
Evanston Police Department officers responded to a call of shots fired around the Foster Street and Ashland Avenue intersection Wednesday afternoon.

Content warning: this article contains mentions of gun violence. 

Evanston Police Department officers responded to a call of shots fired around the Foster Street and Ashland Avenue intersection at about 4 p.m., EPD announced on its X. 

A 20-year-old man with a gunshot wound was found onsite. He has been transported to an area hospital and is in stable condition, according to the X post.

At 4:05 p.m., there was a large police presence at the crime scene, EPD announced on its X. The shooter fled the scene, according to EPD, and no one is in custody as of 4:48 p.m. Officers blocked off traffic on Foster Street from Jackson to Dewey Avenue and up to Simpson Avenue. As of 4:58 p.m., all affected roads were reopened except for the 1900 block of Ashland Avenue. 

While there “does not appear to be a continued threat to the public,” EPD is advising people to avoid the Foster and Ashland area. An initial investigation suggests the shooting was not a random act, though no motive has been found.

X: @william2tong

This is a developing story. It will be updated if more information becomes available.