NUDM names Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana as 2024 primary beneficiary


Daily file photo by Valerie Chu

RMHC-CNI will receive 90% of NUDM’s 2024 donations.

Nicole Markus, Summer Editor in Chief

Northwestern University Dance Marathon named Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana as its 2024 primary beneficiary Thursday night. 

The nonprofit organization will receive 90% of financial donations from NUDM, which is now in its 50th year. The Evanston Community Foundation, NUDM’s long standing secondary beneficiary, will receive the other 10%. 

RMHC-CNI provides housing and support for families with sick children, according to RMHC-CNI director of corporate and foundation relations Megan Kuehl. 

Kuehl said the average family who stayed with RMHC-CNI in 2022 traveled 243 miles for their child to receive treatment. 

“We believe that when a child is sick, a family is sick,” Kuehl said. “We exist so that families can get better together.”

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @nicolejmarkus

Related Stories: 

Northwestern University Dance Marathon names Little Hereos League as 2023 primary beneficiary

NUDM selects youth and family nonprofit Chicago Youth Programs as 2022 primary beneficiary

Foster care nonprofit Children’s Home & Aid selected as NUDM primary beneficiary