Aminé and MICHELLE will perform at A&O Productions Blowout

Daily file photo by Madison Smith

Students at A&O Blowout in 2021. The organization announced Aminé as its headliner for this year’s concert.

Ashton Goren, Arts and Entertainment Assistant Editor

A&O Productions’ annual Blowout concert will feature MICHELLE as an opener, followed by Aminé as a headliner, the organization announced Monday. Student DJ Vitamin K will also perform at 7 p.m. 

Blowout will take place at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 8 p.m. on Oct. 22. Tickets are free for Northwestern students and will become available Tuesday at 3 p.m. Transportation to and from the event will also be free.

MICHELLE is an indie pop band of New Yorkers that formed in 2018. The group’s latest album, “AFTER DINNER WE TALK DREAMS,” features layered vocal harmonies, lively percussion and genre mixing — some hallmark characteristics of the group. The album is a snapshot of the group’s evolution and closeness, according to A&O.

Aminé is an American producer and rapper, best known for his commercial debut single “Caroline.” His 2017 debut album “Good For You” is bold yet easygoing. His music blends inspiration from both Aminé’s parents’ Ethiopian heritage and pioneers such as Kanye West and André 3000, according to A&O. Aminé began recording in high school but now averages more than 8 million monthly Spotify listeners.

Past A&O Blowout headliners have included WILLOW, Jaden Smith and Carly Rae Jepsen. 

Twitter: @ash_goren