Blotter: Clothes taken from vehicle at Jewel-Osco, attempted break-in on Seward Street

Natalie Chun, Reporter

A 39-year-old man from Chicago reported a theft from his vehicle around 1 p.m. on Thursday, Evanston police said.

The man said the theft took place sometime between Sept. 12 at 12 p.m. and Sept. 25 at 12 a.m. The items stolen from his vehicle consisted of two pairs of shorts, two pairs of socks, five to six pairs of underwear and five or six designer T-shirts.

The vehicle, a 2004 Hyundai, was parked in the Jewel-Osco parking lot at 2485 Howard St., Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said.

Glew said that the means of entry are unknown but the door’s key locks were loose. There is no offender information, Glew said.

Burglary attempted on Seward Street

A 51-year-old Evanston woman reported an attempted burglary at 12:41 p.m. on Thursday. She told police upon arrival that an unknown individual was trying to gain access to the house while she was inside but did not enter, and fled the scene before police arrived.

The individual attempted to open the east door to the single-family residence, located in the 1400 block of Seward Street, Glew said.

The woman described the man as being between 20- and 29-years-old, between 5’9” and 6’1”, and having a slim build. He was wearing a white T-shirt, grey pants and black shoes. She did not see where he fled.

Glew said that there is currently no one in custody and there is no more information.