$100 of Dandruff shampoo taken from CVS, home on Seward Street burglarized

Samantha Handler, City Editor

Six Aveeno lotions and $100-worth of Head & Shoulders shampoo were taken from CVS Pharmacy at 101 Asbury Ave., Evanston police said.

Police responded to a report Sept. 25 at around 5:40 p.m. that a man put the shampoos and lotions in a black backpack and left the store without paying, said Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew. A 27-year-old CVS employee reported the incident. The man was described as around 5’5”, 150 pounds and around 27 or 28 years old. He was wearing a red shirt with the word “savage,” a gray sweater and blue gym shoes.

He was last seen riding eastbound on Howard Street on a black bicycle. No one is in custody, police said.

Purse, credit cards taken from home on Seward

A 62-year-old Evanston woman reported that her home in the 1400 block of Seward Street was burglarized sometime between 12 a.m. on Sept. 25 and 8 a.m. on Sept. 26, Glew said. The subject entered the home by cutting a screen on a window and went in through the kitchen.

The woman said she observed a lawn chair placed under the window and her phone and a baking mixer placed outside on the ground. Police said the items had been directly in front of her window on the inside of her home, so the person moved those items out of the way to enter.

Items taken included a black Coach wallet valued at $60, credit cards, a debit card, a check endorsed for $212, $60 in cash, a driver’s license, a black checkbook, Social Security cards and Medicare cards. No one witnessed the subject entering the home.

Twitter: @sn_handler