Mother’s Day is this Sunday. Evanston has you covered

The+Evanston+History+Center%2C+225+Greenwood+St..+The+center+will+host+their+44th+annual+Mother%E2%80%99s+Day+House+Walk.+

Julia Esparza/Daily Senior Staffer

The Evanston History Center, 225 Greenwood St.. The center will host their 44th annual Mother’s Day House Walk.

Andrew Myers, Reporter

FlowersFlowers, a local Evanston flower shop located at 1110 Davis St., will sell special flower arrangements titled “Strength,” “Power” and “Compassion,” priced at $55, $85 and $115 respectively, with shipping costs included.

“We offer a couple of specials to help make it easier for our customers to find what they may want to send to their mothers or grandmothers,” said owner Joanne Leiman. “These are ones that help the customer who is not a flower expert and just wants a little guidance.”

Leinan also said that a customer can walk in and pick out flowers to create a custom bouquet for as low as $10 to $20 each.

If you’re looking for something to do with your mom, the Evanston History Center is hosting their 44th annual Mother’s Day House Walk at 11:30 a.m. Sunday. The walk, the historical center’s largest fundraiser during the year, provides a unique opportunity to tour private homes that date back to the late 19th and early 20th century. The walk starts at the Evanston History Center located at 225 Greenwood St. and takes attendees through the Lakeshore Historic District.

“This is a rare opportunity to see the interior of these houses,” said Kris Hartzell, director of facilities, visitor services and collections at the center. “What you get in addition to seeing the houses is a very thorough history of the architecture and the family and the community.”

Over 500 people attend this event every year, Hartzell said. Tickets are $40 in advance and $45 on Mother’s Day and include a booklet detailing the history of the houses.

Assembly Creators Market, located at 1642 Orrington Ave., is a jewelry company that features the work of creative entrepreneurs. It is offering the opportunity to create and come away with a homemade piece of high-quality jewelry. The store will hold two workshops, one on May 18 and another on May 26. While these workshops take place after Mother’s Day, the jewelry can still act as a late Mother’s Day gift.

Tania Rodamilans will host the May 18 workshop and bring in her own gemstones to lead two sessions, one from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and another from 2-4 p.m.

“We’re going to work with people on items to help them create their own custom pieces,” said Reyes Witt, the owner of Assembly Creators.

Witt said participants do not need to come in with experience: “It’s just an overview of how to do it. We walk you through it and you walk away with something that looks great because we also make sure that the pieces look good.”

There is no additional fee for the class — participants just pay the price of the jewelry they make. The May 26 workshop is for enamel jewelry and is hosted by Michelle Lupton. It costs $25 plus the price of the item that you make.

If these options aren’t for you, don’t worry — businesses all around Evanston are having a number of specials from Mother’s Day brunches to complimentary mimosas to discounted spa packages.

Twitter: @drewmyers1172