Medical examiner rules Kenzie Krogh’s death a suicide

Syd Stone, City Editor

The Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office concluded Wednesday that SESP junior Kenzie Krogh’s February death was a suicide, spokeswoman Becky Schlikerman told The Daily in an email.

The conclusion comes after months of questions about Krogh’s death. On Feb. 25, Krogh — a 20-year-old from Durham, North Carolina — was taken to Saint Francis Hospital by her friends after telling them she was “not feeling well,” Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew told The Daily in February. She died roughly 24 hours later.

Krogh was involved in various campus organizations including Greek life and club sports, according to a February email from Dean of Students Todd Adams informing students of her death. She also served as a teaching assistant at the Kellogg School of Management and was looking forward to a summer internship with consulting firm Deloitte, according to a February statement from her family.

In the statement, her family members said Krogh was “the light in her parents’ lives.”

“Kenzie will be remembered with love, laughter, and joy as we remain thankful to have had her love and presence in our lives,” her family said.

Glew said Wednesday that the investigation into Krogh’s death will remain open until more information from the Medical Examiner’s Office becomes available.

This story was updated to reflect Associated Press guidelines.

Twitter: @sydstone16