Northwestern junior Kenzie Krogh dies, cause of death unknown

Maddie Burakoff, Campus Editor

SESP junior Kenzie Krogh died Sunday morning, an Evanston police official said.

Krogh, 20, died about 9 a.m. Sunday, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew told The Daily. She was taken to Saint Francis Hospital by her friends Saturday morning shortly after 11 a.m., Glew said.

Dean of Students Todd Adams informed students of Krogh’s death in a Sunday email. Krogh was from Durham, North Carolina, and involved in different campus organizations including Greek life and club sports, according to the email. She also served as a teaching assistant with the Kellogg School of Management.

No cause of death has been determined, according to the email.

There will likely be an autopsy Monday morning, Glew said, the results of the autopsy will be delayed due to the  toxicology reports which can take  several weeks. EPD is investigating Krogh’s death, Glew said.

In a Monday email to Northwestern Panhellenic Association members, the PHA executive board said it is “immensely saddened” by Krogh’s death and offered support to PHA members.

The University has been in touch with Krogh’s family and close friends, and will be releasing information about community gatherings and services as it becomes available, Adams said in his email.

This story was updated at 2:24 p.m. Monday with updates from Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew and the Northwestern Panhellenic Association.

Ryan Wangman and Yvonne Kim contributed reporting.

Twitter: @madsburk