Blotter: Evanston man arrested in connection with aggravated battery

Colin Boyle, Photo Editor

A 42-year-old Evanston man was arrested Sunday night in connection with aggravated battery of a police officer and possession of cocaine.

At 9:09 p.m., officers arrived at 1111 Pitner Ave. following reports of domestic disturbance. The caller was a 38-year-old Chicago woman who was involved in an argument with the man when it turned physical, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said.

Upon arrival, officers spoke with the man and noticed he had been drinking. The man became belligerent with the officers as they investigated the incident, Glew said.

Glew said the man continued to be disruptive as police conducted more interviews. An officer approached the man to perform a search for a potential weapon given his hostility. The man initially complied but turned away, swinging his elbow and striking the officer in the chest, Glew said.

The officer pushed the man against the wall and informed him that he would be tasered if he did not put his hands behind his back.

The man was then transported to the police department, where a small bag containing about 10 grams of cocaine was located in his pocket, Glew said.

Man arrested in connection with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver

Officers observed a car with tinted windows driving near 1123 Howard St. on Friday afternoon.

When officers made contact with the driver, they noticed a scent of burnt cannabis. The occupant of the vehicle, a 27-year-old Evanston man, admitted to having recently smoked cannabis, Glew said.

Police conducted a search of the car and located in the center console a clear bag containing 47 individually-wrapped, off-white, rock-like substances resembling crack-cocaine. The estimated weight was 13.5 grams, Glew said.

The man admitted to possessing and selling cocaine in an interview with officers, Glew said.

Twitter: @colinbphoto