Blotter: Intoxicated Evanston man arrested in connection with domestic assault

Colin Boyle, Photo Editor

An Evanston man was arrested in connection with domestic assault Friday evening following a violent altercation with his wife.

The 43-year-old man returned to his residence in the 800 block of Hinman Avenue at about 6 p.m. His wife made contact with him and believed he was intoxicated, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said.

Later in the evening, the woman was sitting on a couch when the man entered the room. Glew said the man grabbed the woman by the ankles and attempted to flip her off the couch. She freed herself and got to her feet.

The woman observed her husband coming at her with a clenched fist. In fear of being struck, she ran and hid as the man chased her. Glew said the woman was able to get the man outside and lock the door before calling the police.

While officers were en route, the man fled the scene, Glew said.

When the police made contact with him at 7:35 p.m., he was placed under arrest for domestic assault. An investigation revealed that the offender had a blood alcohol content of .258, Glew said.

Chicago woman arrested in connection with domestic battery

A Chicago woman was arrested Friday evening near the Davis Street Metra stop in connection with domestic battery.

At 4:33 p.m., the Evanston Police Department responded to reports from an officer who said he observed the woman strike a 22-year-old man in the face, Glew said.

The man, an Evanston resident, stated that upon arrival at the train station to pick up his daughter, the woman — who is also the child’s mother — began to yell at him. The man said the woman assumed that he was going to bring their daughter around another woman, Glew said.

At that point, the woman spit on the man and punched him in the right eye, causing slight swelling and redness in the area. The man refused medical attention, Glew said.

When officers spoke to the woman, she said the man did not get physical with her. She was then taken into custody.

Twitter: @colinbphoto