Blotter: Chicago woman arrested in connection with reckless conduct

Rishika Dugyala, City Editor

A Chicago woman was arrested in connection with reckless conduct on Tuesday after a driving incident that occurred over a week before.

On Sept. 2, at 4:57 p.m., a 43-year-old man was in his vehicle going southbound on Sherman Avenue at Clark Street when he observed someone crossing the street.

The man stopped for the pedestrian, but the female driver in a dark colored car behind him “was not too happy about that,” Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said.

The woman, 50, blew her horn and yelled profanities before rear ending his vehicle, Dugan said. She then got out, walked up to the man — still seated in his car — to yell at him more, returned to her vehicle and took off southbound.

The man got her license number and turned it over to the police, Dugan said. Detectives took over the case, ran the plates, contacted the owner and arrested the woman, he added.

She was charged with reckless conduct, a misdemeanor.

Highland Park man charged in connection with possession of a controlled substance

On Wednesday night, at 7:18 p.m., officers stopped a car in the 100 block of Ridge Avenue because it had expired plates.

Dugan said officers spoke with the driver, a 19-year-old Highland Park resident, and then arrested him because he didn’t have a valid driver’s license.

When police later searched the car, they found a cigarette box containing 16 Xanax pills, a bent spoon that was burnt and a hypodermic syringe, Dugan said.

The man was charged with possession of a controlled substance with the Xanax, expired plates, no valid driver’s license, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a hypodermic syringe.

Twitter: @rdugyala822