Northwestern student hit by car while crossing Clark Street

Back to Article
Back to Article

Police partially blocked off Clark Street after a 26-year-old Northwestern student was hit by a car Wednesday afternoon. The woman was taken to Evanston Hospital with a head injury.

Allie Goulding/The Daily Northwestern

Allie Goulding/The Daily Northwestern

Allie Goulding/The Daily Northwestern

Nora Shelly, City Editor

A 26-year-old Northwestern student was transported to the hospital with a head injury after being hit by a car while crossing Clark Street on foot Wednesday afternoon, police said.

The woman was hit at about 3:10 p.m. while crossing the street between Chicago and Orrington avenues, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. The student was taken to Evanston Hospital in serious condition, he said.

The car was traveling northbound through an alley before turning left onto Clark Street when it hit the pedestrian, Dugan said. The driver told police she did not see the pedestrian until the collision. The investigation into the crash is ongoing, Dugan said, and there are currently no signs of impairment in the driver.

The pedestrian was unconscious when emergency officials reached the scene, Dugan said. Clark Street was blocked off for multiple hours following the incident.

Email: norashelly2019@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @noracshelly