Police Blotter: Evanston woman suspected to have been robbed by tenants

Cydney Hayes, Reporter

A 28-year-old Evanston woman reported multiple thefts from her apartment on the 700 block of Reba Place around 5 p.m. Tuesday evening, police said.

She said she had rented a room in her apartment to two acquaintances, a white man about 5 feet 6 inches tall, 125 pounds, and a white woman about 5 feet 2 inches tall, 115 pounds, who vacated the apartment after the reported theft, Evanston Police Department spokesman Perry Polinski said. They are the prime suspects for the theft, he said.

The homeowner reported stolen a Toshiba laptop computer, a Dell tablet, a Philips 32” television, an electric bass guitar and $355 in cash, Polinski said. The theft is estimated at $3,000, he said.

The police currently have no leads on the suspects’ locations, Polinski said.

Computer, gaming console taken from Evanston residence

The owner of a single-residence home on the 800 block of Monticello Place reported a burglary early Monday morning, police said.

The homeowner, a 46-year-old Evanston woman, reported hearing the back door open around 2:30 a.m. and went downstairs where she saw a man, about 5 feet 11 inches tall and 180 pounds in a dark jacket and pants, in her living room, Polinski said.

The man fled the house with an Apple laptop computer and an Xbox gaming console when he saw the homeowner, Polinski said. The theft is estimated at $2,000, he said.

Police searched the area and did not find the man, but a juvenile of similar description was arrested for suspicious behavior at 4:30 a.m. on the 800 block of Clinton Place, Polinski said. Police are investigating any connections between the two incidents, he said.

Twitter: @thecydneyhayes