Police Blotter: Man charged with cocaine possession and DUI

Joanne Lee, Reporter

A 26-year-old man was arrested early Friday morning in connection with cocaine possession and driving under the influence.

Police observed the man drive past a stop sign at about 5 a.m. without stopping, then park in a no parking zone in an alley in the 1600 block of Ridge Avenue, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. Police said the man had “glassy eyes” and a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.

Police said they found an open container of alcohol in his car and 0.9 grams of cocaine in his car’s armrest, Dugan said. The Chicago man refused to cooperate with police in a sobriety test, Dugan said.

The man was charged with a felony for cocaine possession and two misdemeanors for driving under the influence and with a suspended license. He also received three traffic citations for disobeying a stop sign, not having insurance and transporting an open container of alcohol.

Woman charged with battery for altercation with co-worker

A 23-year-old woman was arrested Sunday in connection with battery during a physical altercation almost one month ago with a co-worker.

Police said the woman’s male co-worker filed a report against the woman Sept. 9, four days after she came into their workplace in the 400 block of Asbury Avenue yelling profanities and looking for the man. The man told police the woman poked him in the head and shoved him because of a personal conflict, Dugan said.

The Evanston woman came into the station Sunday morning and was charged with misdemeanor battery. She is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 23.

E-mail: [email protected]
Twitter: @leehjoanne