Soccer: NU halts streaming of home games

Max Schuman, Assistant Sports Editor

Due to ongoing construction at the regular home venue, Northwestern men’s and women’s soccer home games this fall will be unavailable via live streaming through NUSports.com and the BTN2Go streaming service.

This fall, Studio N, the video branch of the NU athletic department, unveiled a new subscription streaming service that shows many of the school’s athletic events online. However, construction at Lakeside Field, the regular site of home games for both men’s and women’s soccer, forced the teams to move many home games to other locations, preventing both Studio N and the Big Ten Network from offering coverage of games, according to athletic department spokesman Doug Meffley.

Both the men’s and women’s soccer teams will play the bulk of their remaining home games in Toyota Park, home of Major League Soccers’ Chicago Fire. Four of the men’s remaining five home games and all five of the women’s remaining home games will be played in the Bridgeview, Illinois, stadium. The men’s team will play an additional home game at Flames Field, the home field of University of Illinois at Chicago.

To give students an opportunity to attend these game, Wildside has organized a spirit bus leaving campus at noon to attend Sunday’s home games for the men and women’s teams against Indiana and Rutgers, respectively, according to the group’s official Facebook page.