Police Blotter: Nov. 25

Paige Leskin, City Editor

Two arrested Sunday in connection with assault

Police arrested two Evanston men Sunday in connection with assault, authorities said.

Officers responded a little after 1 p.m. on Sunday to an incident between two men in the 1500 block of Florence Avenue, Evanston police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said.

A 25-year-old man threw a gallon of milk at a 21-year-old man, Parrott said. In response, the 21-year-old pulled out a silver-colored knife with a black handle and pointed it at the other man, police said.

The two men were arrested in the 1400 block of Darrow Avenue, Parrott said.

Police charged the 21-year-old with aggravated assault and the 25-year-old with simple assault, Parrott said. Police records indicate the two men live at the same Evanston residence.

Landlord charged with unlawful interruption of tenant

Officers arrested a 52-year-old Evanston landlord Friday in connection with the unlawful eviction of a tenant, police said.

Police responded to an incident between the landlord and the tenant in the 700 block of Mulford Street, Parrott said.

The landlord had refused to let the tenant into his residence after he was behind on his rent, police said. The landlord was in the process of evicting the tenant.

Under a city ordinance, landlords cannot deny tenants access to their residences without going through the proper eviction procedures first, Parrott said.

Police arrested the man around 9 p.m. and charged him with unlawful interruption, a non-jailable offense, Parrott said.

Twitter: @paigeleskin