Police Blotter: Oct. 28

Marissa Mizroch, Reporter

Evanston woman shot with pellet gun

A woman was shot in the leg with a pellet gun while walking on an Evanston street Friday, police said.

Unknown people shot the Evanston woman near Grey Avenue and Howard Street, Evanston police spokesman Perry Polinski said.

The woman heard the sounds of the gunshot before the pellet hit her in the leg, Polinski said.

The weapon used appeared to be a pellet gun or a BB gun, police said. The woman refused paramedics but was bruised as a result of the incident, Polinski said.

No arrests have been made in connection with the incident, police said.

Evanston man arrested in connection with unlawful use of a weapon

Police arrested a 20-year-old man Sunday in connection with the unlawful use of a weapon after they found him in possession of brass knuckles, Polinski said.

In addition, at least two Evanston residents were arrested in the same incident in connection with cannabis possession, Polinski said.

Officers approached the car the three men were in after they noticed smoke and the smell of cannabis coming from the vehicle, Polinski said. The men were sitting in a parked vehicle in the 1200 block of Pitner Avenue, police said.

Two of the men, ages 18 and 19, were charged with possession of cannabis. The 19-year-old man also had a warrant out for his arrest in Cook County for driving under the influence during a prior incident, Polinski said.

Twitter: @MarissaMizroch