Celebrities step it up for New York Fashion Week

Although New York is always a fashion capital, this week the city gets a little trendier. New York Fashion Week is a chance for a select few to preview future designer collections. And even though I love the runway, my favorite part is always the celeb outfits. Each year, celebrities take fashion and risk to the next level during Fashion Week, steering away from red carpet glam and toward runway fabulous. Here are a few of my favorite celeb looks from the week.

Solange Knowles

She may be Beyonce’s younger sister, but she’s also a style icon in her own right. Solange sported a long-sleeved, blue-patterned blouse under a boxy, jeweled short-sleeve sweater to the Noon by Noor fashion show. She completed the look with a black skirt and small white heels with a black cage detail. Her naturally curly hair and bright orange lip made sure that she wouldn’t be lost in Beyonce’s shadow, much less anyone else’s.

Tina Fey

Poor Tina always gets criticized on the red carpet. My advice? Repeat an outfit similar to the one she wore at the Carolina Herrera show. She nailed the mixed prints trend with a floral skirt, black top and tweed coat. Her oversized glasses and T-strap heels made the outfit edgy. What I love so much is that Fey doesn’t look like she’s trying to be something she’s not, which is what I sometimes find with her red carpet looks. She’s quirky and funny, so her outfits should highlight that, not disguise it. Her New York Fashion Week look shows that her stylist is on the right track.

Karolina Kurkova 

This supermodel’s look was 100 percent original and eye-catching. She paired a black turtleneck with a long fur-trimmed coat and multicolored loose pants. Kurkova finished off the look with black sneakers and her blonde hair pulled up loosely. The whole outfit seemed effortless, like she threw on various pieces that shouldn’t go together but oddly did.

How I truly love New York Fashion Week.

Twitter: 
@kesiewert