Blotter: Nov. 6

2 charged in CVS theft

Two Chicago teens have been charged with stealing several items early Monday morning from a CVS in south Evanston.

Tarek Rahman and Leyla Sada, both 18, were part of a group of four people who took jewelry, cosmetics, T-shirts and a pregnancy test from the 24/7 pharmacy, 101 Asbury Ave., Evanston Police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. The incident happened between 2:09 and 3:23 a.m. 

Parrott said Evanston police notified Chicago police, who located at least some people from the group in a stolen car in Chicago. Rahman and Sada were arrested at about 3:23 a.m. in the 5600 block of North Clark Street.

It remains unclear whether the other people from the group were arrested or charged by Chicago police.

Rahman, of the 5700 block of North Bernard Street, and Sada, of the 2600 block of Farragut Avenue, both face a charge of retail theft. They are scheduled to appear in court Dec. 6.

$5K in jewelry taken from bedroom

About $5,000 worth of jewelry was stolen from a 45-year-old woman’s bedroom last week or this week in south Evanston, according to police.

The jewelry was taken between 6 a.m. Friday and 6 p.m. Sunday, police said. The woman lives in the 1400 block of Oakton Street.

There were no signs of forced entry, Parrott said.

Person tries to take dog from yard

Someone tried to steal a dog Monday morning in west Evanston, according to police.

The incident happened at about 11:04 a.m. in the 1100 block of Florence Avenue, police said. The person tried to take the dog from the yard of a home.

— Patrick Svitek