Updated: Man fatally shot near Chicago-Evanston border

Patrick Svitek, Summer Editor

A Chicago man was shot and killed Sunday afternoon near the city’s border with Evanston, police said.

Blake Lamb, 22, was shot multiple times, including at least once in the head, at about 3:45 p.m. in the 1600 block of West Jonquil Terrace, according to authorities. Lamb, of the 7600 block of North Bosworth Avenue, was found unresponsive on a sidewalk and pronounced dead at the scene about an hour and a half later.

The incident happened about a block south of Calvary Catholic Cemetery, which separates south Evanston and Chicago’s Rogers Park neighborhood near the lakefront. The cemetery is a block north of the Howard Street CTA station.

Both Chicago and Evanston police responded to the fatal shooting, officials said.

Lamb’s death is the second slaying this month in Rogers Park. The 26-year-old son of a Chicago aldermen’s aide was shot to death July 5 in the 7400 block of North Paulina Street.

Patrick Svitek

About the Writer
Patrick Svitek, City Editor

Patrick Svitek was City editor of The Daily. His other past positions include managing editor, online managing editor, Web editor, City editor, assistant City editor, copy editor, reporter and designer. He is from Fort Wayne, Ind., and has interned at the Chicago Tribune, the Huffington Post, Medill News Service, Patch, The Journal Gazette (Fort Wayne, Ind.) and The News-Banner (Bluffton, Ind.).