The Rundown: Week of May 12

• The creators of “How I Met Your Mother” are experts at dragging out events, but on Monday, the fans who patiently waited eight seasons finally witnessed the introduction of the titular mother character. And although I’d be lying if I said I’m not 100 percent certain she’s the actual mother, I’m still ecstatic the writers decided to take this step. But, just when you think they’ve made progress, the creators also announced the 24-episode ninth and final season will take place entirely during Barney and Robin’s wedding weekend. One step forward and 24 steps back.
  • Bill Hader announced he will leave “Saturday Night Live” after this season, marking the departure of another integral member of the team. With Seth Meyers taking over “Late Night” when Jimmy Fallon leaves, and Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis rumored to be on their way out as well, it looks like SNL will be undergoing a makeover over the next few years. I’m still mourning the loss of The Target Lady — we can’t lose Stefon, too.
  • “Pretty Little Liars” star Lucy Hale is doing one of the most cliche things a young actress can do: releasing an album. Let’s take a minute to collectively groan. It’s a country music album. Feel free to groan again. Hale recognizes audiences might not be receptive to her music, telling reporters, “People are either going to love it or hate it.” Sadly, it’s probably going to be the latter.
  • Denise Richards has dubbed Charlie Sheen the “greatest ex” after he flew her home on his plane so she would be able to take her kids to school. It’s nice to know a plane ride can make up for the drug use, excessive alcohol consumption, being charged with assault and all the other erratic things he’s done over the years.
  • Prince Harry is visiting some U.S. hotspots, including New Jersey. So, naturally, an expert on New Jersey would like to give him a few tips on what to do on the shore. Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi advises Prince Harry to visit Seaside Heights, the location where she filmed “Jersey Shore.” Of course, she gives him some suggestions for party hotspots as well. She should definitely take the time to personally introduce him to those partying hotspots — the paparazzi photos would be fabulous. New reality show, please?
The Rundown: Week of May 12