Evanston man rescued from burning apartment

Joseph Diebold, Web Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

The Evanston fire department was dispatched Sunday evening to a fire on Noyes Street, where they rescued a 56-year-old resident from the second floor of the apartment building between Orrington Avenue and Sherman Avenue.

The man, who suffered first and second degree burns and smoke inhalation, was transported to Evanston Hospital and listed in critical condition. Firefighters eventually extinguished the blaze at 730 Noyes St., but an adjacent apartment sustained some water damage and female resident required assistance from the Red Cross.

— Joseph Diebold