Blotter: Nov. 13

Northwestern student punched, robbed after party

An unknown person punched a Northwestern student and robbed him of his iPhone after the student hosted a party early Sunday morning.

The student held a party at his residence in the 1000 block of Garnett Place, which ended at approximately 12:30 a.m. Sunday, Evanston Police Cmdr. Perry Polinski said. The 22-year-old student heard between three and four individuals arguing in front of his residence. When the student went outside to break up the argument, he was punched by an unknown person and rendered unconscious for a period of time. He regained consciousness lying on the sidewalk with his iPhone missing. The student sustained minor facial injuries but did not receive medical treatment.

Northwestern student arrested in connection with disobedience to police

A Northwestern student was charged with disobedience to police early Sunday morning near The Keg of Evanston.

Several police officers were investigating an unrelated disturbance in the 800 block of Grove Street when the 22-year-old student approached the officers, Polinkski said. The male student reportedly approached one of the officers and was instructed by another officer to move along. The student failed to comply with the officer’s request and was arrested at 2:48 a.m.

The student is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 27.

Laptop stolen from University Library

An unknown person stole a MacBook Pro laptop from a Northwestern student at about 2 p.m. Thursday in University Library, University Police Deputy Chief Dan McAleer said.

The student left his laptop on a desk on the fourth floor to use the restroom. He returned five minutes later, and the laptop was missing.

McAleer said the student believes that the person who stole his laptop was not a student. University Police was unable to identify a suspect using security camera footage, and the investigation is ongoing.

— Ciara McCarthy

View Nov. 13 in a larger map