Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Honda Sport Award
District 65 School Board votes to close Dr. Bessie Rhodes School
Kathryn Hahn declares class of 2024 “worthy of celebration” in commencement address
Pro-Palestinian graduates walk out of 2024 Commencement Ceremony in solidarity with Gaza
‘Wildcats should have wild dreams:’ Nikki Okrah delivers optimistic 2024 Weinberg Convocation address
The Daily Explains: Contextualizing the Evanston reparations lawsuit

Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Tewaaraton Award

May 30, 2024

Campus Kitchens fills plates and hearts

The Rundown

Awards season continued last Sunday with the SAG Awards. For the 6th year in a row, Alec Baldwin won for his role on “30 Rock,” and Octavia Spencer cemented her Oscar chances with a win for Best Supporting Actress. However, it may be time to reconsider those Oscar bets. Viola Davis won for Best Actress, French actor Jean Dujardin, who stars in The Artist, beat out George Clooney for Best Actor, and The Help somehow managed to win Best Picture.

Michael Jackson’s children imprinted his famous shiny glove and shoes into cement outside Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in California. Glad to see that the King of Pop’s legacy will live on.

Child stars Raven Symone and Romeo Miller (formerly Lil’ Romeo) have both landed acting gigs. Raven will be starring in the Broadway musical “Sister Act” and Romeo has accepted a major role in the billionth movie of Tyler Perry’s Madea franchise .

It seems just about everyone is getting the axe on the not-really-different from “American Idol” show, “X-Factor.” Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger, and the show’s (random British) host Steve Jones were all fired.

Some stars just couldn’t keep it classy this week. Photos surfaced from a birthday party for Miley’s boyfriend, in which she pretends to lick a cake shaped like a penis, while Amber Rose was spotted partying with her boyfriend, Wiz Khalifa, with a new Mike Tyson-esque face tattoo.

YOU DECIDE: In couples news, singer Jason DeRulo confirmed his relationship with “American Idol” winner Jordin Sparks. Elisabetta Canalis, George Clooney’s former girlfriend, was seen making out with Steve-O, star of the show “Jackass.”

Iman Childs

The Rundown