Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Honda Sport Award
District 65 School Board votes to close Dr. Bessie Rhodes School
Kathryn Hahn declares class of 2024 “worthy of celebration” in commencement address
Pro-Palestinian graduates walk out of 2024 Commencement Ceremony in solidarity with Gaza
‘Wildcats should have wild dreams:’ Nikki Okrah delivers optimistic 2024 Weinberg Convocation address
The Daily Explains: Contextualizing the Evanston reparations lawsuit
NU announces plans to prevent disruptions at commencement

Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Tewaaraton Award

May 30, 2024

Lacrosse: No. 1 Northwestern falls 14-13 to No. 2 Boston College in national championship battle

May 26, 2024

Campus Kitchens fills plates and hearts

Why Club Sports at Northwestern?

The Rundown

In one of the most popular videos of the past week, President Obama sang a line from Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together” at a fundraiser at the Apollo Theater. He actually had a nice voice – what can’t our president do?

Red Tails, the new George Lucas film about the Tuskegee Airmen, came in second at the box office, bringing in $19.1 million. Although Lucas could not get funding for the costly action film because production companies were unwilling to support it, he “showed them” by creating a hit all on his own.

This week, we saw the end of three celebrity relationships. Avril Lavigne and Brody Jenner split after two years of dating, and I’m sure they’re regretting those name tattoos. Johnny Depp could give them some advice (see “Winona forever”). Depp’s own relationship with his longtime partner Vanessa Paradis is also rumored to have come to a close. Most shockingly, Heidi Klum and Seal, the poster couple for interracial relationships, have decided to end their nearly seven-year marriage.

Legendary singer Etta James died Friday due to complications from leukemia. The “At Last” singer was 73 years old.

Kristin Cavallari, former star of “The Hills,” and Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler are expecting their first child. The couple got engaged, called it off and then got engaged again.. I ain’t saying she a golddigger…

YOU DECIDE: Oscar nominations were announced Tuesday, with the major actor/actress categories almost mirroring the Golden Globes. The smash-hit comedy of the summer, Bridesmaids, and the epic finale to the Harry Potter series didn’t receive any love from the Academy in the form of a best picture nomination, but they did fill in other categories, such as best supporting actress, where Bridesmaids star Melissa McCarthy received a nom.

-Iman Childs

The Rundown