Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Honda Sport Award
District 65 School Board votes to close Dr. Bessie Rhodes School
Kathryn Hahn declares class of 2024 “worthy of celebration” in commencement address
Pro-Palestinian graduates walk out of 2024 Commencement Ceremony in solidarity with Gaza
‘Wildcats should have wild dreams:’ Nikki Okrah delivers optimistic 2024 Weinberg Convocation address
The Daily Explains: Contextualizing the Evanston reparations lawsuit
NU announces plans to prevent disruptions at commencement

Lacrosse: Northwestern’s Izzy Scane wins 2024 Tewaaraton Award

May 30, 2024

Lacrosse: No. 1 Northwestern falls 14-13 to No. 2 Boston College in national championship battle

May 26, 2024

Campus Kitchens fills plates and hearts

Why Club Sports at Northwestern?

The Rundown

The Golden Globes aired this past Sunday and were pretty lackluster, from the red carpet to the awards speeches. However, there definitely were some notable wins of the night, including Octavia Spencer for “The Help,” Meryl Streep for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher (isn’t this her 100th win?) and George Clooney for his role in “The Descendants.”

The first graduating class from Oprah’s Leadership Academy for Girls boasted 72 students. All of the young women passed the South African high school exam and will head off to college next year.

Daniel Radcliffe hosted “Saturday Night Live” on Saturday, giving him another chance to reprise his famous role as Harry Potter- this time in comedic form.

Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake confirmed their engagement (who knew they were back on again?) and rumors are swirling that Halle Berry is engaged to her beau Olivier Martinez after she was spotted wearing a diamond ring.

Celebs and us ordinary folk were not feeling the love for Madonna this weekend. On Friday, she told ABC that Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” sounded similar to her hit “Express Yourself” and “felt reductive.” Thanks for the new vocab word, Madonna. At the Globes, Madonna pulled a surprise win for Best Original Song. Sir Elton John’s expression clearly showed his disapproval and his partner, David Furnish, went so far as to bash the win on Twitter using quite colorful language. Maybe Madge’s fake British accent and critique of their pal Lady Gaga sent the pair over the edge.

Rihanna found time on her Hawaiian vacation to publicly smoke marijuana and tweet about it. I guess celebrities really are above the law.

-Iman Childs

The Rundown