BREAKING: Lupe Fiasco to perform at Welsh-Ryan on Nov. 4

Lupe Fiasco will perform at Northwestern on Nov. 4, representatives for Young Marqus, Fiasco’s opening act on the “The Generation Laser Tour,” confirmed in an email to The Daily on Friday.

YM (Young Marqus), an up-and-coming new artist, is currently the opening act for Lupe Fiasco on his Generation Laser Tour, which comes to the Welsh Ryan Arena at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL on November 4, 2011,” Director of Marketing and Productions for Two Much Entertainment Danielle Nash said in her email.

Fiasco’s production team initially released the concert date in Evanston — without a specified venue — on Fiasco’s website on Aug. 27.

Less than a week later, Fiasco’s production team had removed the date from the website, and A&O Productions declined to confirm Fiasco was its annual Fall Blowout headliner.

“(Performers) need to be approved by the University before people are confirmed and before that time we legally cannot comment on a show, whether true or false,” Chase Jackson, chairman of A&O, told The Daily on Sept. 18. “Sometimes everyone is on the same page, sometimes they are not.”

Calls for confirmation were not returned late Friday afternoon.

Fiasco is no stranger to NU, playing Dillo Day in 2007 and returning as a speaker in 2009. The artist’s fall tour features stops at several colleges, including Illinois, Purdue and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Fiasco’s 2011 album, “Lasers,” climbed the charts with its first single “The Show Goes On.” His music, which garnered a loyal following after the release of his 2006 debut album “Lupe Fiasco’s Food and Liquor,” often addresses political and social issues.