Hip-hop artist B.o.B. scheduled to perform at NU on Dillo Day

If his schedule is to be believed, B.o.B. will perform at Northwestern on Dillo Day.

The calendar item, posted on the hip-hop artist’s website Monday night, said he will perform at NU on May 28, which is Dillo Day 2011.

Austin Young, a spokesman for Mayfest, which organizes the annual music festival, declined to comment.

B.o.B., who released his debut album last April, is famous for hits such as “Nothin’ on You,” “Airplanes” and “Magic.” He was nominated for five Grammys in 2011.

His real name is Bobby Ray Simmons.

In recent years, Mayfest has scheduled hip-hop stars of similar caliber to B.o.B. for the final performance of the day, a night set.

But they have traditionally announced those artists very late in the spring. Last year, Nelly was announced as the night performer on May 20.

The NU Twitterverse reacted to the schedule posting with a mix of joy and disappointment.

“B.o.B COMING TO NORTHWESTERN MAY 28 OMG @BOBATL THIS IS SO GREATTTTTT <3 AJSKHDKJAHDKJh,” Tweeted Maryam Jameel-Kakwan, a Medill sophomore.

B.o.B. coming to #northwestern for Dillo Day. I would say I’m excited, but I’m not. At all,” Tweeted Weinberg freshman Nick Dalla Santa.

Check back for more updates throughout the night.

This was first sent as a breaking news alert. To be the first to know about what’s happening on campus or in Evanston, sign up for breaking news alerts here.

Note: The original version of this story misattributed a Tweet. The Tweet was written by Maryam Jameel-Kakwan, a Medill junior. The Daily regrets the error.