Hidden student perks: How to make the most of your tuition

Here%E2%80%99s+a+list+of+free+resources+available+to+you+as+a+Northwestern+student%2C+both+on+and+off+campus.++
Illustration by Olivia Abeyta
Here’s a list of free resources available to you as a Northwestern student, both on and off campus.

From free entry to the Art Institute of Chicago to Xfinity streaming services, your tuition covers much more than just classes. Here’s a list of free resources available to you as a Northwestern student, both on and off campus.  

A Wall Street Journal membership 

Courtesy of NU Libraries, all students can receive a membership to the WSJ. While the publication’s primary focus is on economics, its coverage also includes lifestyle and fashion articles, as well as book, television and film reviews. 

The Writing Place 

For help writing your essays, look no further than the second floor of Main Library. At the Writing Place, you can consult with peers to brainstorm paper ideas, edit and revise a rough draft or help work on applications.  

Xfinity On Campus

As a student living on campus, you’ll have access through Xfinity to live TV and on-demand streaming, including Max (formerly known as HBO Max). If you eventually move off campus, you’ll still be able to watch more than 90 live TV channels. 

Art Institute of Chicago

All NU undergraduates receive free entry to the Art Institute of Chicago. The museum’s collection includes works by Van Gogh, Picasso and Monet. 

Bloomberg Terminal 

At Main Library, students can access the recently installed Bloomberg Terminal, a professional tool used to analyze real-time market data. For students studying economics or hoping to go into finance, the Terminal provides an industry-standard resource. 

Associated Student Government Events Email List 

Groups on campus regularly host events and speakers, including Monica Lewinsky and Karan Brar. According to its website, the ASG weekly newsletter will feature upcoming campus events, information about student organizations and resources to access through the University.