Men’s Basketball: NU assistant coach Emanuel Dildy to join Oklahoma in same role

Daily file photo by Noah Frick-Alofs

Chris Collins looks out towards the court. The Northwestern coach worked with assistant coach Emanuel Dildy from 2018 to 2021.

Skye Swann, Assistant Sports Editor

Men’s Basketball

Northwestern assistant coach Emanuel Dildy is departing Evanston to take on the same position at Oklahoma, joining former colleague and new Sooners head coach Porter Moser.

Dildy joined the Wildcats in 2018, replacing former assistant coach Armon Gates. Before working with Chris Collins, Dildy coached at Valparaiso, Missouri, Loyola, Eastern Illinois and Kennedy-King. His departure from NU was first reported Monday by Sean Paul of Mountain West Wire and later confirmed by Bob Przybylo of SoonerScoop.com.

While with the Ramblers from 2013-16, the Chicago native coached with Moser, who led Loyola to the 2018 Final Four and the 2021 Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Tournament.

On April 3, Moser was officially announced as the Sooners’ next head coach following the retirement of Lon Kruger, who held the position for 10 years. 

Dildy’s move to Oklahoma marks the third offseason departure for the Wildcats. Junior forward Miller Kopp and redshirt junior guard Anthony Gaines are currently in the transfer portal.

To help lead the Cats in 2021, Collins will look to assistant coaches Brian James and Jon Borovich. NU is coming off its fourth straight losing season in a row after making the NCAA Tournament for the first time ever in 2017.

Twitter: @sswann301