Blotter: Banking information, driver’s license stolen from vehicle

Joshua Irvine, Copy Chief

A woman reported to the Evanston Police Department the theft of several items from her vehicle Saturday.

The 44-year-old Evanston resident told police she had parked the vehicle at 2 p.m. Friday outside an address in the 1800 block of Wesley Avenue, said Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew. She said she did not lock the vehicle, Glew added.

When she returned to the vehicle at 8:45 a.m. Saturday, she found items from the car’s center console, glove compartment and a bag in the back seat of the car strewn about the interior of the vehicle, Glew said.

A driver’s license, two debit cards and three checks with a total value of $400 were taken from a black wallet from the bag, Glew said.

Police looking for man implicated in Whole Foods theft

Police are searching for a man accused of stealing from a Whole Foods after a Friday incident at the grocery store.

Officers responded at 4:27 p.m. to a call from the manager of the store, located at 1640 Chicago Ave. The manager requested officers remove a man from the premises for trespassing, Glew said, though the manager requested the officers not charge the man in such a manner that the manager would have to attend court.

Glew said officers complied and approached the man, who was sleeping in the store’s café. Officers woke the man, gave him a city ordinance ticket for trespassing, and escorted him from the store, Glew said.

Upon returning to the store, the manager identified the man as having stolen a bottle of Tito’s Vodka, valued at $20, the previous day at 11:36 a.m. Glew said the manager learned this from viewing surveillance footage and was not aware of this until the officers had escorted the man from the building.

Police conducted a search of the area but could not find the man, Glew said. The manager wishes to press charges, Glew said, but no one is in custody.

Twitter: @maybejoshirvine