Chicago man arrested for driving with a suspended license

Ashley Capoot, Reporter

Police arrested a 49-year-old Chicago man for a series of traffic violations on Thursday after he ran a red light and failed to produce a valid license.

Evanston Police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said an Evanston Police Department officer stationed near the intersection of Dempster Street and Dodge Avenue noticed a 1999 Lincoln Continental that was heading south and failed to stop at a red light.

The officer activated his lights, pulled over the vehicle and then asked the driver to present his license and registration. The driver showed the officer valid insurance, but he failed to produce a license because it had previously been suspended, Glew said.

The officer arrested the man at 7:46 p.m. and brought him back to the EPD for processing.

Change stolen from vehicle

A 53-year-old woman reported Thursday that a small amount of change was stolen from her car in the 2700 block of Bernard Place in north Evanston.

The woman said she parked her 2010 Honda Odyssey outside of her residence on Feb. 6 and left the doors unlocked. The next morning she said she noticed that the door on the driver’s side of the vehicle was open and contents from the interior of the vehicle were scattered on her driveway.

Forty-five cents worth of pennies was all that was missing from the car, Glew said.

There are currently no suspects and no one is in custody, Glew said.

Twitter: @ashleycapoot