NU alumnus Mike Greenberg hosts new ESPN morning show

Catherine Kim, Web Editor

Mike Greenberg (Medill ’89) launched ESPN’s new morning show “Get Up!” on Monday, competing against shows like NBC’s “Today” show and ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

The show, which also features Michelle Beadle and Jalen Rose, is a live, three-hour daily show that features sports news, opinion and analysis. Airing from 7-10 a.m. EST, the show is filmed at a new studio in New York City, according to a news release.

“Sports fans start their days with sports and with ESPN,” the show’s executive producer, Bill Wolff, said in the release. “Our programming is based on two tenets — personality and authority. In both areas Michelle, Greeny, and Jalen are stars, which is why we’re so excited for ‘Get Up!’”

Greenberg previously co-hosted ESPN Radio’s “Mike & Mike” alongside Mike Golic from 2000 to 2017. He first launched his career at ESPN in 1996 as an ESPNews anchor and later anchored “SportsCenter” as well. He was inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters’ Broadcasting Hall of Fame and Northwestern’s Medill Hall of Achievement in 2016.

Aside from being a journalist, Greenberg is also a non-fiction best-selling author of “Why My Wife Thinks I’m an Idiot” and “Mike & Mike’s Rules for Sports and Life.” He has also written two fiction novels, “All You Could Ask For” and “My Father’s Wives.”

Beadle is currently the full-time host of “NBA Countdown” on ABC and ESPN and former co-host of “SportsNation.” Jalen Rose has co-hosted ESPN Radio’s “Jalen & Jacoby” since 2015.

Twitter: @ck_525