Four people charged in three separate weekend incidents

Evanston+Police+Department+headquarters%2C+1454+Elmwood+Ave.+

Daily file photo by Sara Gnolek

Evanston Police Department headquarters, 1454 Elmwood Ave.

Nora Shelly, In Focus Editor

Two Chicago residents were charged in connection with robbery in south Evanston early Saturday morning.

Police were called to a home in the 1100 block of Madison Street for an armed robbery, according to a Monday news release from the Evanston Police Department. A 35-year-old woman told officers she was robbed at gunpoint by two people who left in a red vehicle headed west.

Officers arrested the two people — a 20-year-old Chicago resident and 33-year-old Chicago resident — in the 700 block of Dodge Avenue. They were both charged with one count of aggravated robbery, according to the release.

Local man charged with burglary in northwest Evanston

Officers responded to a call early Sunday in the 1600 block of Payne Street from a couple who reported that a person broke into their apartment while they were asleep.

A 24-year-old man who lived in the apartment “detained” the person — who was later identified as a 36-year-old Evanston man — until police arrived, according to the release.

The man was charged with one count of residential burglary, a felony.

Chicago man charged with burglary in south Evanston

A 29-year-old Chicago resident was arrested early Sunday morning at an Autobarn car dealership in the 1000 block of Chicago Avenue.

Just before 6 a.m., an off-duty EPD officer reported an overhead door was open at Autobarn, and a car alarm was sounding inside, according to the release. Officers found the Chicago resident sitting in the passenger seat of a Lexus.

There was no sign of forced entry and the resident was charged with one count of felony burglary, according to the release.

Twitter: @noracshelly