Best Reward System: CVS

Benjamin Din, Reporter

It’s time to trade in that Starbucks gold card for CVS Pharmacy’s red ExtraCare card.

Conveniently located near campus, CVS, 1711 Sherman Ave., is the one-stop shop for college students and downtown Evanston residents alike. Whether it’s getting a flu shot or getting something for those pesky spring allergies, CVS has got its customers covered, making membership in the ExtraCare Rewards Program all the more worthwhile.

Being an ExtraCare member has two main benefits: ExtraSavings and ExtraBucks Rewards.

Members have access to ExtraSavings, personalized coupons and in-store offers, which they can find online and on their receipts. However, perhaps more exciting, coupons can be printed at CVS kiosks after scanning an ExtraCare card. Too lazy to search online or travel to the store for coupons? ExtraCare members can also get savings and rewards sent directly to their emails.

Customers can also earn ExtraBucks, or “free CVS money,” according to the CVS website. ExtraBucks are earned through making purchases or filling prescriptions at CVS. In addition, featured ExtraCare offers may net customers more ExtraBucks than usual.

Not willing to get rid of that gold card just yet? Try a keychain card or link the ExtraCare card to the CVS Pharmacy mobile app. As usual, CVS has everyone covered.

With all of its perks (not to mention it’s free), there’s no doubt CVS’ ExtraCare program is here to stay.

Twitter: @benjamindin