Police Blotter: Oct. 24

Paige Leskin, City Editor

Evanston man arrested after alleged drunk-driving crash

Police arrested a 29-year-old man early Tuesday morning after he crashed his car into a tree and hit a building.

Authorities believe he was under the influence at the time of the crash.

Officers responded to a car accident in the 600 block of Custer Avenue at about 4:20 a.m. on Tuesday, Evanston police spokesman Perry Polinski said. 

There was evidence that the driver was intoxicated, Polinski said. The car had hit a tree and, before it could be put in park, rolled into a nearby house, he said. The building sustained minor damage, including a broken water pipe.

The Evanston man was transported to Presence Saint Francis Hospital, 355 Ridge Ave., with minor injuries, police said. He was released around 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday and charged with DUI.

20-year-old man charged with interfering with police at Bar Louie

Officers arrested an Evanston man Thursday in connection with interfering in a police investigation, police said.

Police were called to Bar Louie, 1520 Sherman Ave., at about 1:15 a.m. for a disturbance, Polinski said. A group was arguing over a bar tab, he said.

When an officer tried to interview one of the people involved in the incident, the 20-year-old man started to scream at police and interfere with the investigation, Polinski said. Police gave the Evanston man several warnings to stop and cooperate, but he continued to yell, authorities said.

Officers arrested the man around 1:30 a.m. and charged him with misdemeanor interfering with police, Polinski said.

E-Mail: [email protected]
Twitter: @paigeleskin