Celebrity Spotlight: Blake Lively’s three best red carpet looks

Kendall Siewert, Columnist

It’s no secret that Blake Lively is beautiful. But in addition to her looks, she’s also got some serious style. She never looks overdone and always appears fresh and effortless. In honor of her timeless style, here are my three favorite red carpet looks she’s ever worn.

met-gala-blake-lively-h724

1. In Gucci Premiere at the 2013 Met Gala

Blake’s dress for the Met Gala was a perfect contrast to the bright red carpet. The strapless Gucci stunner featured an ombre effect, with a light grey top deepening to charcoal near the bottom. In between the dark and light, silver beading helps to make the transition. Blake finished the look with a slicked updo and large silver earrings.

mcx-style-evolution-blake-lively-2-lgn

2. In Versace at the 2009 Emmy Awards

Blake should live in red. This backless dress with a plunging neckline and high slit was definitely sexy, but it also embodied confidence and class. Even though her dress matched the color of the carpet, Blake didn’t have to worry about blending in. Her high fishtail pony and diamond studs gave her an effortless sophistication.

Red-Carpet-Buzz-Blake-Lively-8-mdn

3. In Marchesa at the 2011 BAFTA Awards

Her flowy, beaded Marchesa number is my favorite. Not only did she look effortlessly beautiful, but the white set off her glowing tan perfectly. The one shoulder neckline and beading brought all the attention up to her gorgeous face. Finally, the length was refreshing  just above the ankles but not quite to the ground. What a perfect way to showcase her equally fabulous and sparkly heels.

Twitter: 
@kesiewert